Having COPD comes with a unique set of challenges. For instance, you may have trouble breathing if you exert yourself too much. But making some lifestyle changes can help you overcome these obstacles.
Easy Does It: Everyday Tips for Living With COPD https://d33ljpvc0tflz5.cloudfront.net/dims3/MMH/crop/1494x999%2B5%2B0/resize/580x388/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd26ua9paks4zq.cloudfront.net%2F23%2F2a%2F140b4d2240d9b11dacfc8da5ecbc%2Fresizes%2F1500%2Fimage-gettyimages-594830843.jpg
Taking them as prescribed will help control your symptoms.
1. Remember your meds. https://d33ljpvc0tflz5.cloudfront.net/dims3/MMH/crop/1500x1003%2B0%2B3/resize/580x388/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd26ua9paks4zq.cloudfront.net%2F3b%2F28%2Ffd7842d44769bc3eb22074e96b1d%2Fresizes%2F1500%2Fimage-pills-in-hand.jpg
As you go about your day, do activities slowly—walking from room to room, cleaning, preparing meals. This may help prevent aggravating symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, or shortness of breath.
2. Take your time. https://d33ljpvc0tflz5.cloudfront.net/dims3/MMH/thumbnail/580x388/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd26ua9paks4zq.cloudfront.net%2F22%2Fd8%2F7254f0654ed5b0c985c6a368164f%2Fimage-getty-583666277.jpg
Store items that you use on a daily basis, such as kitchen appliances, the remote control, and books and magazines, in places that are easy to reach. If needed, ask someone to help you move these objects to more convenient locations.
3. Keep it within reach. https://d33ljpvc0tflz5.cloudfront.net/dims3/MMH/crop/5760x3853%2B0%2B0/resize/580x388/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd26ua9paks4zq.cloudfront.net%2Fee%2F03%2F2acbc3a04907adadfb904334319c%2Fimage-gettyimages-530053825.jpg
Not only will this make it easier to breathe, loose clothes are easier to put on and take off. In addition, buy shoes, such as slip-ons, that you can put on and take off without too much effort.
You can find tools in medical supply stores that make daily activities easier to do. For instance, tongs with long handles can make it easier to reach things. Move objects around the house on a cart with wheels instead of carrying them.
5. Use household gadgets. https://d33ljpvc0tflz5.cloudfront.net/dims3/MMH/thumbnail/580x388/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd26ua9paks4zq.cloudfront.net%2Fbe%2Fcc%2F0fd4bf124bc3a97e2f963b1be4b3%2Fresizes%2F1500%2Fimage-gettyimages-499391428.jpg
Don't try to do everything yourself. Asking a friend or family member to get something you need reduces the number of trips you take up and down the stairs. If possible, you may want to look into hiring help with cooking, cleaning, and other household chores.
6. Ask for help. https://d33ljpvc0tflz5.cloudfront.net/dims3/MMH/crop/2121x1419%2B0%2B0/resize/580x388/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd26ua9paks4zq.cloudfront.net%2F65%2Ff4%2F4cf4a74d4157bfa78686f99c76ff%2Fimage-gettyimages-489582895.jpg
If you use oxygen therapy and are planning a trip, contact the airl