This classic recipe for Sweet Potatoes is easy to prepare and will provide you with a wonderfully warm and comforting side dish.
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 sweet potatoes (about ½ lb. each)
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
2. Bake the sweet potatoes until they are fork tender, approximately 35 minutes.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. Turn the oven up to broil and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
5. Place the potatoes flesh side up on a baking sheet and place them in the oven. Cook the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until they are blistered and charred.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven and season with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.