Slow-Roasted Organic Chicken with Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
Impress an entire table-full of people with this rustic recipe for Slow-Roasted Organic Chicken. The aroma of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme heighten the experience for everyone.
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 organic roasting chicken (3 ½ to 4 lbs.)
- ½ cup whole parsley
- ½ cup whole sage
- ½ cup whole rosemary
- ½ cup whole thyme
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, chopped
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 450* F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, paprika, sea salt, and garlic powder into a paste and rub it liberally on the inside and outside of the chicken.
3. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with parsley, sage rosemary, thyme, lemon, garlic, and shallots.
4. Truss the chicken.
5. Set the chicken on a roasting rack in a roasting pan and roast until the juices run clear and the internal temperature of the bird at its thickest part (the thigh) is 165*F, about 50 to 60 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and baste the chicken with the juices that have collected on the bottom of the pan.
7. Let rest for 15 minutes.
8. Present the bird whole to the table for a beautiful family-style presentation or cut into 8 pieces before serving.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.