Fire Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These aren't your run-of-the-mill Brussels sprouts. Just a few simple additions to this healthy vegetable will punch up the flavor and give you a versatile side dish.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, outer leaves and root ends trimmed and cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- Sea salt to taste
- Chili flakes to taste (¼ teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
Method of Preparation:
1. Turn the oven up to broil and pre-heat for 10 minutes. Toss the Brussels in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic, season lightly with sea salt. Roast for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the Brussels from the oven and toss with lemon zest, chili, lemon juice and the remaining olive oil. Adjust salt level and enjoy. Alternatively, you can place a cast iron skillet on your barbecue and toss the Brussels into the hot pan, charring them.
© 2018 Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.