Warm Tuna Salad
Yields: 6 portions
- 1 lb. high quality canned tuna, Ortiz brand preferred
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup nicoise olives, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 18 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reserved extra virgin olive oil from tuna
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, warm the olive oil with the chili flake and parsley. Drain the tuna of excess liquid and add to the oil. Heat the tuna until it is warmed through and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Be careful not to break apart the tuna too much; it should be left in pieces roughly the size of the tomatoes.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the red onion, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, and tarragon. Using a slotted spoon, add the tuna to the salad. Fold in the vinegar and reserved olive oil from the tuna.
3. Season the salad with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper and serve.
© 2018 Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.