This recipe for Piccata Mustard can go with almost anything, whether it's a leisurely lunch-time sandwich or the side condiment to a full meal.
Yields: 2 cups
- 1 ½ cups Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely minced
- 3 each lemon zest
- 2 each lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled but not firm
- Fresh cracked pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter. Using a whisk, emulsify the oil by slowly streaming it into the bowl. Whisk in the cooled but still melted butter to finish. Season with fresh cracked pepper.