Maple Oat Cookies
These yummy maple oat cookies are perfect for your office holiday cookie swap. Oats contain soluble fiber, which is prebiotic and great for your gut. When you can safely enjoy a tasty treat, these won’t disappoint.
Yields: 12 cookies
1 1/4 cup oats, rolled
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 stick butter, softened
2 tablespoons brown sugar, light
2 tablespoons sugar
1 each egg, beaten
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 360F. Place a piece of parchment on a cookie sheet.
2. Combine oats, flour, allspice, baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, salt, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy. Add egg and maple syrup and beat until well combined.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
5. Divide dough into 12 cookies, and space evenly on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on wire rack.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.