Grilled Salmon With Chunky Almond and Tarragon Romesco
Yields: 4 portions
Ingredients For the Romesco:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup tarragon leaves
- 1 each garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup piquillo peppers
Ingredients For the Salmon:
- 4 each salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Fleur de sel
- Fresh cracked pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and a grill to medium high heat.
2. Toast the almonds in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until golden and fragrant.
3. Transfer the nuts to a food processor and combine the remaining ingredients for the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Process the mixture by pulsing until you have reached the texture of chunky peanut butter. Cool and reserve.
4. Brush the salmon with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon on the skin side for 4 minutes, or until crispy. Flip the salmon over and grill for another 4 minutes for medium rare.
5. Place two tablespoons of romesco for each piece of fish on a plate, topped with the salmon.
© 2018 Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.