Grilled Avocado and Shrimp Salad
Strike up the grill for this tasty dish packed with healthy fats and protein. To ease a flare-up, push the lettuce aside and enjoy the avocado and shrimp combo à la carte.
Yields: 4 servings
3 tablespoons honey
¼ cup pomegranate vinegar or good quality Champaign vinegar
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
12 each jumbo shrimp or prawns (u8-u10)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 each avocado, cut into ¼’s, seed removed and peeled
1 head butter lettuce leaves, outer layers removed (2 if the heads are sparse, about 6 cups)
¼ cup tarragon leaves
Fresh cracked pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Pre-heat your grill to medium high flame. You may use a cast iron grill pan instead.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the honey, pomegranate vinegar, lime juice, and tarragon. Remove a quarter of this mixture and toss with the shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
3. Continue by whisking the olive oil into the mixture, making a vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Drain the shrimp of the excess marinade. Grill the shrimp and the avocados, turning over just once after about 4 minutes on each side. The shrimp should be firm to the touch and show no signs of opaqueness in the center.
5. Dress the butter lettuce in the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange on a platter with the shrimp and grilled avocado. Finish with fresh tarragon leaves on top.
© 2018 Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.