Avocado Shrimp Cocktail
This Avocado Shrimp Cocktail offers tons of taste while remaining light and healthy. Try it as a mid-day snack or as a delicious starter at your next dinner party. During a flare-up, skip the greens to ease a sensitive stomach.
Yields: Serves 4
- 1 each ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, prepared
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 cups cooked baby shrimp
- 16 pieces baby romaine or gem lettuce, small leaves only, washed
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Halve and cut the avocado. Scrape into a food processor. Add the lime juice, ½ cup of the cilantro leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth and spoon in the bottom of 4 rocks glasses or small glasses.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the crème fraiche, ketchup, and horseradish. Stir in the chives. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Spoon into the glasses, over the avocado mixture. Stick the lettuce on the edges and sprinkle the top with the remaining cilantro and the onion.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.