Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Ginger and Citrus
‘Tis the season for roasting sweet potatoes! Mix up the typical sweet potato dish with a ginger and citrus twist.
The orange zest adds some tang and the ginger, aside from adding a unique taste to the potatoes, may reduce gastrointestinal symptoms.
Yields: 6-8 servings
4 each sweet potatoes, washed, peeled, and sliced into half-inch thick slices
2 tablespoons ginger, grated
1 each orange zest
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
6 each sage sprigs
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon shallots, finely minced
½ cup almond oil
Fresh ground pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Place a baking sheet in the oven while it preheats
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with the ginger, orange zest, and olive oil. Season liberally with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
3. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and carefully place the sweet potato slices onto the sheet.
4. Place the sage sprigs on top of the potatoes. Roast in the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Combine the mustard, vinegar, honey, shallots, and almond oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. When cooked, remove and toss with the dressing. Serve warm.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.