This recipe for Piccata Mustard can go with almost anything, whether it's a leisurely lunch-time sandwich or the side condiment to a full meal.
Yields: 2 cups
- 1 ½ cups Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely minced
- 3 each lemon zest
- 2 each lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled but not firm
- Fresh cracked pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter. Using a whisk, emulsify the oil by slowly streaming it into the bowl. Whisk in the cooled but still melted butter to finish. Season with fresh cracked pepper.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.