Grilled Maple Mustard Chicken Skewers
These yummy skewers are a great excuse to fire up the grill! The skinless chicken breasts are full of protein, and the combination of maple and mustard will thrill your taste buds. Plus, yogurt provides natural probiotics to help your GI system. During a flare-up, skip the poppy seeds and cilantro.
Yields: 6 portions
- 6 each boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes (6 cubes per breast)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine the cubed chicken, maple, mustard, yogurt, ginger, cilantro, allspice, and olive oil. Season with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Mix the chicken until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Allow to marinate in the fridge for two hours and up to overnight.
3. Using long metal skewers, place six cubes of chicken on each skewer. Repeat until six skewers are made.
4. Grill the skewers until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes, turning frequently to prevent the chicken from burning. If the chicken becomes dark, turn down the heat or transfer them to the top rack of the grill to finish. Finishing them in the oven is also an option.
5. Sprinkle the skewers with the chives and poppy seeds.
Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced
or reprinted without permission from Healthgrades Operating Company, Inc. Use
of this information is governed by the Healthgrades User Agreement.